CLEAN SEA SHIPPING “de Milieubalans”, Outline of a research programme based on an integral approach towards cleaner sea shipping.
- CLEAN SEA SHIPPING “de Milieubalans”, Outline of a research programme based on an integral approach towards cleaner sea shipping.
- Dutch; Flemish — clean-sea-shipping-1e-fase.pdf (324112 bytes)
- Annokkee, Guus (Not Specified)
- Boonstra, Hotze (Not Specified)
- Dallinga, Reint (Not Specified)
- Dijkstra, Chris (Not Specified)
- Hopman, Hans (Not Specified)
- Karman, Chris (Not Specified)
- Kolderhof, Yvonne (Not Specified)
- Oonk, Hans (Not Specified)
- Stapersma, Douwe (Not Specified)
- Vries, Leo de (Not Specified)
- IMARES — Not Specified
- MARIN — Not Specified
- NLDA — Not Specified
- TNO — Not Specified
- TUD — Not Specified
Date issued: 2008
Dublin Core Type: Text
This research programme aims at:
Identification of Best Available Technology for reduction of the environmental impact of
operational shipping activities
This ultimate goal will be achieved by realizing the following sub-goals:
- Identification of interesting options and related technologies to minimize the environmental
impact of shipping operations
- Technological, environmental and economic assessment of these options/technologies
- Development of all-comprising environmental indexes to be used in the assessment
- Provision of input in the formulation of realistic environmental shipping regulations,
directives and guidelines, mainly within the IMO framework, but also local (in port and near
coast) regulation of the EU, US or other states.
After successful completion of this project parties would be in a position to decide to proceed with the
actual adaptation of ships and demonstration at sea of the positive-assessed options and technologies.